Philanthropy New York is proud to announce our 41st Annual Meeting, "Humanizing Immigration."
Through panels, presentations, and performance, we will explore the facts and myths of the immigration debate, the forces driving polarization, the human stories embedded in current policies, and the importance of storytelling, among other conversations.
As always, the Annual Meeting will begin with the election of new Philanthropy New York Board members and a review of the past year’s accomplishments.
We encourage Philanthropy New York members to register today and add this event to your calendars.
We will be updating this page regularly with more information as the program develops.
1:15-1:30 PM Registration
1:30-2:10 PM Business Meeting: Annual Meeting of the Members of Philanthropy New York
- Election of New Board Members
- Financial Report
- President and Chair’s Reports
2:10-2:25 PM Introduction and Welcome
2:25-2:40 PM PHIL Talk
2:40-3:15 PM PANEL: Human Migration
- Becca Heller, Executive Director, International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP)
- Migration Policy Institute (TBD)
- Joe Salvo, Population Director, NYC Department of City Planning
- Pat Swann (Moderator), Senior Program Officer, Civic Affairs, Community Development, and Technical Assistance, The New York Community Trust
3:15-3:25 PM PHIL Talk
3:25-4:15 PM PANEL: Policy (Federal)
4:15-4:45 PM BREAK (snacks and beverages available)
4:45-5:35 PM PANEL: Policy (City/State)
5:35-5:50 PM SPECIAL PERFORMANCE
5:50-6:00 PM CLOSING REMARKS
6:00-7:00 PM COCKTAIL RECEPTION
Philanthropy New York’s annual meeting is an exclusive event for PNY members and invited guests.
* Registration is required by May 11th. RSVP is required to attend in person.