Monday, June 4, 2012 -
3:15pm to 7:30pm EDT
Citi, 399 Park Avenue (Corner of 54th St & Park Ave)
Add to Calendar
Due to overwhelming demand, registration for this event is now CLOSED. To be placed on the waitlist please email@example.com.
- Funder Q&A with David Firestone, Editorial Board Member, The New York Times, in conversation with Julie Sandorf, President, Charles H. Revson Foundation
- Funder Q&A with Pedro Noguera, Peter L. Agnew Professor of Education, New York University, in conversation with Lori Bezahler, President, Edward W. Hazen Foundation
Philanthropy New York is bringing together for the first time ever in one forum:
- U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan
- New York State Education Commissioner John B. King, Jr.
- New York City Education Chancellor Dennis Walcott
- Beth Fertig (Moderator), Education Correspondent, WNYC
The panelists will discuss education reform and the role of philanthropy based on questions formulated by Philanthropy New York members. The event will bring funders who have supported some of the most innovative education reform projects in the city, state, and nation together with these three remarkably assiduous public officials to discuss how private donors and government at all levels can better coordinate their efforts.
Two Member Engagement Sessions earlier in the day will look at various aspects of how funders can think differently about the intersection of public policy and philanthropy.
Special thanks to Citi Foundation for hosting this event.
Philanthropy New York members and invited guests.