Tuesday, April 19, 2016 -
9:00am to 10:30am EDT
Philanthropy New York, 1500 Broadway, 7th Floor, NYC
Members of PNY & Partner Orgs:
Add to Calendar
Robert Hughes, the President of New Visions for Public Schools since 2000, and long-time advocate and champion of public education in New York City, will be joining the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation as the new K - 12 Strategy Director in June. He’ll be heading off to Seattle soon for an intensive orientation at the Foundation, but will return to NYC in a few months and will continue to be based here.
Join us for a conversation with Bob, moderated by Kavitha Mediratta, The Atlantic Philanthropies. We will celebrate Bob's good work, reflect on the past and future of education reform in New York City, and talk about his new role in philanthropy.
Click here to view the Gates annoucement!
- Reflections on education reform over the last 20 years from a leader who has played many key roles
- The role of philanthropy, past, present and future
- Future directions for New Visions for Public Schools
- Ideas on the transition from grantee to grantmaker
- Robert Hughes, President, New Visions for Public Schools
- Kavitha Mediratta (moderator), Chief Strategy Advisor for Equity Initiatives and Human Capital Development, The Atlantic Philanthropies
All interested funders, especially in education.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 10:30 AM Program
Registration is required by April 18.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com. ($150 fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In collaboration with