Philanthropy New York’s International Grantmakers Network presents this discussion as a follow up to our annual “Navigating Uncertain Terrain” program. In this session, experts from the The International Center for Nonprofit Law and The 2020 Global Philanthropy Tracker at the Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at IUPUI will provide updates on the ever-evolving world of international grantmaking laws, discuss global trends, and present creative ways we can continue to provide global support in these uncertain times.
- How globally, non-government funding to solve global challenges were nearly four times the amount of official development assistance in 2018
- The significant and growing role of private philanthropy and other private sources of funding and investments in addressing global challenges
- Signifcant cross-border giving from middle- and lower-income countries (while high-income countries contributed the vast majority of cross-border philanthropy)
- A pressing need for more robust data about global giving
To foster deeper conversation and learning, and to inform our speakers about topics of particular interest to the funding community, please email any questions or issues you would like the speakers to address to email@example.com.
- Una Osili, Associate Dean for Research and International Programs, Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at IUPUI
- Doug Rutzen, President and CEO, International Center for Nonprofit Law
- Buff Kavelman (Moderator), President, Kavelman Group Philanthropic Advisors
All interested funders in grantmaking roles. What to expect: Presentation followed by group discussion.
3:00 PM - 4:30 PM Program
Registration is required by February 24th. Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.