At the end of 2020, we reflected on the symphony of crises that upended life and work as we knew it. Together, an international health pandemic, an overdue reckoning with racial injustice and inequity, an economic downturn, and an ongoing mental health crisis disrupted and continues to revise any previously held definition of “normal”. As we look with cautious optimism into this year, there are innumerable DEI lessons that 2020 showed us and that organizations must commit to in order to be sustainable.
What many organizations recognize is that making external commitments to equity won’t suffice if there is evidence that we aren’t also taking care of our employees. Join us as our panelists share how and why this change management work requires moving away from transactional add-ons to transformational changes in service to equity and organizational well-being.
- Ways in which organizations are building in more equitable policies, processes, and practices internally
- Strategies for changing culture with a racial equity lens
- Examples of actions organizations can take to live into their equity goals
- Lessons from missteps along the way and how to keep going
- Kathryn O'Neal-Dunham, Chief Executive Officer, Philanthropy New York
- Austin Rivers, Special Assistant to the Chief Diversity Officer, Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- Ivan Rosales, Finance Director, North Star Fund
- Tonya Woodland, Vice President of Administration, The Commonwealth Fund
- Carol Astle (Moderator), Operations Manager/Human Resources Project Manager, Rockefeller Brothers Fund
All interested members, especially members of FAN, as well as prospective FAN members who have a responsibility for foundation administration, including human resources and operations. What to expect: presentation followed by breakout discussion.
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM Program
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Registration is required by October 12th. Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program.
*Reminder: As always, creating a confidential space at network meetings is very important. Please do not share specific details from the meetings with individuals outside the network.*
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with questions or for further information on this program or on eligibility.