Join us for a panel discussion to learn more about NYC’s current landscape for work-based learning and career exploration pathway opportunities. We will explore how schools and CBO’s are working together to meet the needs of alternative school students, recent immigrants, and young people who are not following the “typical” high school experience.
What will you learn?
- Career connected Work-Based Learning (WBL) programs designed to support students who are not following the typical 4-year high school experience
- What gaps exist among the current NYC WBL programs and how nonprofit organizations and CBO’s help address these gaps
- The role of intermediaries in helping to bridge relationships between funders, CBO’s, Schools and Employers
- Candace Brazier-Thurman, Senior Director, Work-Based Learning, ExpandED Schools
- Dennis Caindec, Ed.D., Director of School Support, Internationals Network
- Brian Cohen, Executive Director and Co-Founder, Beam Center
- Sarah Pidgeon, Chief Program Officer, Solar One
- Monia Salam, Member, Work-Based-Learning Coalition / Program Director for Work-Based Learning, ExpandED Schools
- Chelsea Smith, Program Officer, Altman Foundation
Who should attend?
All interested funders in grantmaking, public policy, and related roles. What to expect: panel discussion followed by Q&A.