Thursday, September 12, 2013 -
2:30pm to 4:00pm EDT
Add to Calendar
For many families, it is important that the next generation not only gives but gives as part of the family. This Family Philanthropy Webinar introduces an increasingly popular method for preparing the next generation for philanthropic service: the next generation or junior board. The webinar will introduce the variety of purposes for establishing next generation boards, steps for creating a next generation board, and a description of how they can be structured. We will also share examples of families that are using next generation boards as a tool for engaging younger family members, and perspectives of younger family members being trained in this way for governance and grantmaking.
A Philanthropy New York Collaborative Program with the National Center for Family Philanthropy.
This program is "Partially Open."
- Sarina Dayal, Junior Board Member, Tarsadia Foundation
- Shirish Dayal, Executive Director, Tarsadia Foundation
- Annie Hernandez, Youth Philanthropy Connect Director, Frieda C. Fox Family Foundation
- Katie Marcus Reker, Board Member, Frieda C. Fox Family Foundation
- Zach Whitten, Next Generation Board Member, Lumpkin Family Foundation
All interested funders.