We invite CEOs, trustees and other senior staff to join foundation leaders and seasoned experts in an intimate discussion of the art of preserving foundation records. Topics will range from finding the right archive for your foundation materials, to deciding what should be kept vs. what needs to be, to the rapidly evolving discussion of how electronic records should be stored. These are just some of the most important preservation issues facing small, medium and large foundations that our panelists and attendees will explore, using case studies from their colleagues in the sector.
- What records should be kept (that might be of long-term value) vs. what must be kept?
- How should electronic records be handled?
- Where are foundations depositing their records—libraries, historical societies, universities or archive centers?
- What is the right access policy—immediate or a 10-to-20-year wait?
- John Craig, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, The Commonwealth Fund
- Jane Gorjevsky, Digital Assets Archivist, Columbia University
- Nicolette Lodico, Manager, Information Management, Ford Foundation
- James Allen Smith, Vice President and Director of Research and Education, Rockefeller Archive Center