In this 21st century quickly evolving information age, selecting, migrating data, configuring, personalizing, testing, and providing ongoing support of new full featured integrated philanthropic systems is proving to be a major challenge.
In this frank and practical session, we will identify many of the most common challenges and problems that grantmaking professionals regularly encounter. We will present actual case studies of issues that grantmakers and IT professionals face regularly when implementing new and upgraded integrated philanthropic systems. This will include major real-world problems such as: setting realistic forward-thinking system priorities, commercial vs. custom systems, carefully choosing and managing vendors, security, reliability, performance, remote access, and staff training.
We’ll also be covering the opportunities and challenges of linking and integrating online systems that include grant data, due diligence services, accounts payable, CRM, knowledge management, plus multi-currency and multilingual capabilities.
- Causes, solutions and practical takeaways for choosing and implementing a new or upgraded system
- How to set realistic system priorities and timelines
- How to choose and manage vendors with security, reliability, performance, remote access, and staff training in mind
- Indya Hartley, Grants Manager, The ELMA Philanthropies Services, Inc.
- Nora Mitnick, Grant Information Systems Manager, The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- Martin Schneiderman, CEO, Information Age Associates
All interested funders
8:45 AM - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by October 7th.
PNY Members: To register yourself or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Members of PEAK Grantmaking: Please click here to register (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by whom you were invited. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.