This is a follow-on session to the event earlier this year, “Helping Foster Care Youth Succeed: Skills and strategies that support the transition to adulthood,” which will explore in-depth the specific challenges faced by youth aging out of foster care in securing and retaining housing, and the skills and supports they need to ensure a successful transition into independent living. The panel will feature a conversation with youth speakers, service providers, public agencies, and funders, and include a discussion around the housing landscape, effective models, policy initiatives, and private funding opportunities.
- Challenges related to the application process and housing access/supply, the skills and supports needed to ensure a successful transition into independent living and post-secondary pathways, effective existing models, and needed reforms
- How philanthropy can effectively support youth and organizations in this work, as well as work with partners to advance systemic change
- The development of a body of successful evidence-based practices to encourage systemic change, policy reform, and the creation of robust pathways at the city level
- Denise Hinds, Associate Executive Director, Good Shepherd Servies
- Jeremy Kohomban , Executive Director, Children's Village
- Katie Napolitano , Program Officer, Tiger Foundation
- Liz Northcutt, Executive Director and Founder,City Living NY
- Maryanne Schretzman, Director of the Center for Innovation, Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services
- Paul Williams, Head of Housing Academy Collaborative for Young Adults, Administration for Children's Services
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Reception to follow at PNY
Registration is required by December 11th
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of NYC Youth Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com. ($150 fee)