More and more foundations have made the pursuit of equity, diversity and inclusion a core part of their mission. Yet some struggle with instituting the internal and external changes and shifts in thinking to meet such goals. This workshop will provide participants with practical understanding of how to work effectively with diverse populations, improving their grantmaking as well as how they manage, supervise, or volunteer within their organizations and communities.
Upon completing the workshop, you will be better able to:
- Understand our societal system and improve systemic thinking. The audience will identify how they primarily think about things – Individual, Institutional, Community or Policy. We will then discuss looking at all four thought patterns as a whole. This will allow the audience to begin to process material systemically.
- Identify where we are a part of the normalized and where we are not. The audience will identify 18 places where our societal system normalizes one group. After completing a chart on these 18 sets the audience will individually and privately circle in which groups they belong.
- Review complexities that arise in a societal system that normalizes. The audience will review the 10 complexities that occur within the societal system. After each complexity the audience will discuss how that complexity impacts the work that they do and how they can respond differently or more effectively.
- Gain individual and institutional tools with this new awareness so that we can analyze individual and institutional interaction. The audience will review two analysis tools that they can go back to their organization and use. The tools will allow them to see how their policies and actions may be geared toward the normalized groups and how they can make them be open and effective for all groups.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided. Space is limited. Registration is required.
- Jodi Pfarr, President, J Pfarr Consulting
All interested funders
8:45 AM - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Program (Breakfast and Lunch included)
Registration is required by June 10th.
PNY Members: To register yourself or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Members of PEAK Grantmaking: Please click here to register directly through PEAK.
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by whom you were invited. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.