Thursday, October 29, 2015 -
8:15am to 10:30am EDT
Philanthropy New York, 1500 Broadway, 7th Floor, NYC
Add to Calendar
A special program convened by the 2015 Young Leaders Breakfast Club cohort.
If you had $1 billion to start your own foundation, how would you strategically use your resources to accomplish your mission?
- Weigh the trade-offs between making general operating versus programmatic support?
- Consider the strengths and challenges of participatory grantmaking?
- Source promising ideas for funding?
- Ensure that your values align with your strategic choices and grantmaking practices?
Join us for a highly interactive session organized by members of the Young Leaders Breakfast Club. Participate in a discussion and exchange on balancing the above strategic options to inform your decision-making within the philanthropic sector.
- Current debates in grantmaking strategy and what approaches might be most effective given your mission
- Different modes of sourcing promising ideas for funding
- Your values as a grantmaker and how those values are expressed through your work
8:15 AM - 8:30 AM Check-in
8:30 AM - 10:30 AM Program
To register, click the "Register Now" link. Registration is required by October 28th.
Young Leaders Breakfast Club's Issue-based Event Planning Team (Rachel Bergenfield, Loni Bordoloi, Stephanie Blumenkranz, Caroline Hodkinson, Betsy Hoody, Lauren McGrail, Avi Smolen).