As funders look to embrace equity within their grantmaking practices, they have begun to explore how equity can shape their evaluative practices. From integrating cultural competence to questioning the myth of objectivity, to turning the evaluative mirror upon themselves, there is ample room for discussion.
One area that continues to garner interest is around the how and why of collecting demographic data and how to do it in service of equity.
Join PNY and PEAK Northeast for an interactive session, where we will dive into demographic inquiry and other topics related to evaluative work. Whether your organization is a data collection veteran or is just beginning to think about surveying grantees, participants will benefit from a panel of sector experts and funders sharing best practices and reflecting on their experience in approaching demographic data collection and evaluation. The moderated panel will be followed by breakout sessions for participants to dive deeper into these considerations themselves.
- Recommendations for making surveys more equitable and inclusive from research and sector experts
- Balancing grantee and funder needs in deciding whether and how to collect demographic data
- Best practices for approaching demographic questions
- Successes and challenges in advancing evaluative practices within foundations and how to get started
- Jara Dean-Coffey, Director, Equitable Evaluation Initiative
- Huilan Krenn, Director of Learning and Impact, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Rella Kaplowitz, Senior Program Officer, Evaluation and Learning, Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Philanthropies
- Melissa Sines (Moderator), Programs and Knowledge Director, PEAK Grantmaking
All interested funders in grantmaking roles. What to expect: Presentation followed by a workshop.
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Program
Registration is required by June 29th. Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Members of PEAK Grantmaking: Please click here to register directly through PEAK.
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee).
Please email email@example.com with any questions.