*This gathering is intended for communications managers and directors, as well as executive leaders with intensive communications responsibilities, working in either philanthropic organizations or nonprofit organizations. RSVPs are limited.*
This session will focus on the importance of communications training as an essential element of developing leaders and networks. It will emphasize communications as a series of skills and tools that are most effective when they transcend institutional boundaries and are used at the individual level. When both leaders and activists recognize the importance of communication strategy and have essential communications skills, their presence and impact in the public sphere is dramatically improved.
- Two projects which provide communications training and mentorship as an essential element of developing leaders and activists: The Aspen New Voices Fellowship and ReFrame Mentorship
- The value and the importance of building smart communications skills for leadership
The event will be open to members of ComNet NY as well as other interested PNY members.
- ElsaMarie D'Silva, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Red Dot Foundation (Safecity)
- Kim Freeman Brown, Program Co-Director Mentor, ReFrame Mentorship
- Joseph Phelan, Co-Founder and Director, ReFrame Mentorship
- Andrew Quinn, Program Director, Aspen New Voices Fellowship
Communications managers and directors
5:15 - 5:30 PM Check-in
5:30 - 7:30 PM Networking and light reception
Registration is required by February 27th.
PNY Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Communications Network Members (who are not PNY members): Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation and business mailing address to register. (no fee)
NY Nonprofits who were formerly members of Public Policy Communicators NYC: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation and business mailing address to register. (no fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In collaboration with