- June 15 - Advocacy 101: Legal Boundaries and Opportunities
- June 17 - Building Powerful Advocacy Movements: Crisis and Opportunity
- June 23 - Exploring Your Foundation’s Role in Advocacy: From Board to Boots on the Ground
*This session assumes basic knowledge of philanthropic advocacy. If you do not already have this background, please register for and attend Advocacy 101: Legal Boundaries and Opportunities.
The CARES Act, passed in March, was a powerful win for nonprofits and the infrastructure groups that have toiled for years to build awareness of nonprofit needs among elected officials. It was also a moment when nonprofits, stretched to the absolute limits in a crisis, had to add advocacy to their already underfunded portfolios. Join us to explore how philanthropy can play an integral role in building the infrastructure and advocacy capacity necessary for a robust sector. Learn how advocacy and movement building can align to ensure that nonprofits can address structural barriers and achieve impact.
- Challenges and successes of policy advocacy in the crisis environment created by COVID-19
- Funding tips and tools to build the capacity of your grantees for stronger advocacy
- How to align direct service funding in support of greater movement building and systemic change
- How funders and nonprofits can collaborate to ensure government responsiveness to policy needs
- Douglas Bauer, Executive Director, The Clark Foundation
- Chai Jindasurat, Policy Director, Nonprofit New York
- Michelle Yanche, Director of Public Policy, Good Shepherd Services
- Sean Thomas-Breitfeld, Co-Director, Building Movement Project
All interested funders.
Registration is required by June 16th.
Members: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.