*This program is hosted by our partner, Economic Opportunity Funders (EOF), who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis.*
While the need for a better Unemployment Insurance (UI) system was apparent before COVID-19, the economic crisis caused by the pandemic has shown that our outdated and underfunded system is broken, with disproportionate impacts on women and workers of color. With too few unemployed workers qualifying for benefits, inadequate levels and duration of benefits, and the lack of effective triggers that tie benefit duration to economic conditions, the UI system fails to meet the needs of today’s workers or economy.
- Implementation strategies for making the permanent reforms
- What is needed to transform the UI system into a fully functioning and readily accessible program that protects all jobless workers and their families
Who should attend
All interested funders. Please note that this program is open to funders and philanthropic advisors only.
- Tara McGuinness, Fellow and Senior Adviser, New America
- William Spriggs, Chief Economist, AFL-CIO
- Arelia Valdivia, Organizer and Feminist, Center for Popular Democracy
- Jean Ross (Moderator), The Bernard and Anne Spitzer Charitable Trust
1:00 PM to 2:15 PM Program
Registration is required by October 7th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.