Interested in the materials from this program? You can view the resources here.
*Registration for this session is currently at capacity. If you'd like to be added to our waitlist, please email email@example.com*
Part of Philanthropy New York's "Spotlight on Capacity Building" Series.
Join us to explore critical issues related to youth organizations that serve “off-the-radar” communities in need - such as Far Rockaway, Stapleton (SI), Coney Island, and Red Hook. This dynamic and diverse group of panelists and funders will speak to unique experiences that have framed their vision of growing organizational capacity in undeserved neighborhoods, promising models and challenges. From deepening services to managing the day-to-day and overall sustainability, the executive directors, community leaders, organizers, and funders assembled will grapple with the merits of distinct approaches.
- Charles Buice, President, Tiger Foundation
- Betsy Dubovsky, Executive Director, The Staten Island Foundation
- Silaka Cox, Vice President, Rockaway Youth Task Force; Community Board Member, Community Board 14
- Jill Eisenhard, Founder and Executive Director, Red Hook Initiative
- Valyrie Laedlein, Co-Director, Community Resource Exchange
- Pat Swann (Moderator), Senior Program Officer, The New York Community Trust
- Maria Mottola, Executive Director, New York Foundation