We invite you to join Media Impact Funders and Philanthropy New York for a special screening and discussion of the powerful film The Armor of Light and a conversation about our fractured political culture and the possibility of having people come together across deep party lines to find common ground.
In a gripping portrait of courage, director Abigail E. Disney follows the journey of an Evangelical minister trying to find the moral strength to preach about the growing toll of gun violence in America. The Armor of Light tracks Reverend Rob Schenck, anti-abortion activist and fixture on the political far right, who breaks with orthodoxy by questioning whether being pro-gun is consistent with being pro-life. Reverend Schenck is shocked and perplexed by the reactions of his long-time friends and colleagues who warn him away from this complex, politically explosive issue.
- The role funders can play in the public debate around gun violence and in leveraging documentary film for social change
- How to create film campaigns that mirror the fundamentals of issue campaigning
- The role independent filmmakers play in fostering greater understanding of the human condition
- How to create viable and effective political action
- Abigail E. Disney, Filmmaker
- Jamie Dobie, Executive Director, Peace Is Loud
- Vince Stehle (Moderator), Executive Director, Media Impact Funders
All interested funders.
4:15- 4:30 PM Check-in
4:30 - 7:00 PM Program & Reception
Registration is required by February 5th.
PNY Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of Collaborators: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In collaboration with