- March 8 - Grantee Financial Resilience for Nonprofits - A Framework
- March 29 - Charting a Course Toward Financial Resilience - Building the Planning Muscle
*Please note: Please navigate to Part 1 of this two-part series to register. Participants will automatically be registered for all two sessions in this two-part Applied Finance workshop series. Due to the intensive nature of these sessions, they will not be offered via remote access.
In uncertain times, it’s important for nonprofit organizations to plan for contingencies and anticipate both short- and long-term needs. Financial planning, which ranges from annual budgeting to multi-year projections, is about connecting programmatic goals to resource decisions. And while a strong financial planning function is critical, many organizations struggle to assess and refine strategy on an ongoing and “adaptive” basis. In this session, we will explore the skills and tools nonprofits must develop if they are to build their financial planning “muscle” and how funders can support them in this process.
Upon completing this session, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the importance of multi-year planning that is supported by nimble and flexible financial models
- Discuss how scenario planning can help organizations be better prepared for growth as well as “rightsizing”
- Compare options for business model adjustments in response to external changes
- Hilda Polanco, Founder and CEO, Fiscal Management Associates, LLC
All interested funders, especially grantmakers who have had 2-3 years of experience and comfort in nonprofit financials.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Program
Registration is required by March 7th. Participants will automatically be registered for all two sessions in this two-part Applied Finance workshop series.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Non-Member Funders: Create an account or log in above and click the Register Now link.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.