Monday, December 7, 2015
At the Annual Meeting each spring, the Philanthropy New York membership votes on new board members. That vote is the end of a process that actually starts now — in the fall — by seeking nominations from you for candidates to serve on our Board of Directors. We seek leaders who will help Philanthropy New York move its goals forward and strengthen the organization. You have a wide network of colleagues and we ask that you consider them and determine who might be a strong candidate for the Board.
The Governance and Nominating Committee is dedicated to building a Board of exceptional leaders from diverse backgrounds. In the spring of 2016, we will have two seats to fill!
We seek individual grantmakers who at a minimum:
• Hold a senior position at a Philanthropy New York member organization
• Have a strong commitment to Philanthropy New York‘s mission of promoting and supporting effective philanthropy
• Can provide leadership to the organization
• Can serve on a committee
• Can attend the Annual Meeting and four board meetings per year
• Can serve a three-year term
• Seeking at least one nomination with strengths in Finance
If you have any questions about board service with Philanthropy New York, please contact Board Chair Philip Li (email@example.com) or either of us. Please use this form below to submit your nominees no later than January 8, 2016.
We hope that you choose to nominate someone to the Board of Directors. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Kyung Yoon and Liz Sak, Co-chairs
Governance and Nominating Committee