Join the NYC Youth Funders for a session that will offer a framework and overview of different types of "youth voice" programs and methods.
Panelists will share how participating in authentic youth engagement, advocacy and organizing builds social-emotional competencies that set students individually on a path to success. You will come away udnerstanding the importance of youth voice in informing programs, services and policies on a systemic level.
- Three highly effective models here in New York
- Both the core program elements and the potential impact on young people's lives and futures
- A framing of "youth voice": definitions and key differences in various models and approaches, an overview of the types of outcomes associated with each
- The impact of the featured organizations' work on individual participants and outside of the organization
Danielle Pulliam, Program Officer, The Pinkerton Foundation
Framework of Youth Voice:
Kim Sabo-Flores Ph.D, Co-Founder and CEO, Algorhythm
- Andrea Colon, Lead Organizer and Former Youth Participant, Rockaway Youth Task Force
- Muhammad Deen, Director of Strategy and Youth Participant, Teens Take Charge
- Tamera Jacobs, Director of Finance & Operations, Rockaway Youth Task Force
- Taylor McGraw, Director, The Bell
- Amallia Orman, Student Voice Manager, NYC Department of Education
- Cidra M. Sebastien, Associate Executive Director, The Brotherhood/Sister Sol
- Laurel Dumont (Moderator), Senior Director of Grantmaking, Solon E. Summerfield Foundation
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by October 1st.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of NYC Youth Funders: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)