Join the NYC Youth Funders for a session that will offer a framework and overview of different types of "youth voice" programs and methods.
Panelists will share how participating in authentic youth engagement, advocacy and organizing builds social-emotional competencies that set students individually on a path to success. You will come away udnerstanding the importance of youth voice in informing programs, services and policies on a systemic level.
- Three highly effective models here in New York
- Both the core program elements and the potential impact on young people's lives and futures
- A framing of "youth voice": definitions and key differences in various models and approaches, an overview of the types of outcomes associated with each
- The impact of the featured organizations' work on individual participants and outside of the organization
- The Brotherhood/Sister Sol
- Amallia Orman, Student Voice Manager, NYC Department of Education
- Rockaway Youth Task Force
- Teens Take Charge, a program of the Bell
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by October 1st.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of NYC Youth Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com. ($150 fee)