Wednesday, June 6, 2012 -
8:45am to 11:00am EDT
Philanthropy New York, 79 Fifth Ave., 4th floor, NYC
Add to Calendar
Attendees will learn from presentations by JobsFirstNYC and the New York City Department of Education about new initiatives to better connect youth and young adults with an increasingly competitive labor market. Particular emphasis will be placed on new work to engage employers in growth areas of the economy and foster collaborations that result in better outcomes for young people.
- Ways to connect youth and young adults with employment opportunities in a competitive labor market.
A Philanthropy New York Collaborative Program with the New York City Workforce Funders.
- Richard Brown, Vice President, Corporate Philanthropy, American Express
- David Fischer, Senior Director for Career and Technical Education, New York City Department of Education
- Louis Miceli, Executive Director JobsFirstNYC
- Melissa Silberman, Deputy Executive Director, Office of Post Secondary Readiness, New York City Department of Education
- Curtis Wilson, Vice President & Gen. Mgr. National Client Group, American Express
All interested funders.