*This program is hosted by our partner, Asset Funders Network (AFN), who has extended an invitation to PNY members.*
Signs of financial stress among US workers are all around us. Nearly half of employees lack emergency savings - enough savings to cover their expenses for three months – and find it difficult to cover their expense and pay their bills. Over half of employees say they are somewhat or very stressed about their finances, and a third say they are less productive at work because of their financial stress. There are many steps that employers can take --beyond the predominant lens of wages and work -- to provide benefits that could increase financial stability. And, employers have taken note.
Please join our partner, Asset Funders Network, for a webinar to launch its newest issue brief When a job isn’t enough: Employee financial wellness and the role of philanthropy. In this webinar, we will explore promising offerings of employer benefits that better address the financial needs of their employees. This trend of expanded benefits is expected to continue to increase with 89% of employers being very or moderately likely to add tools, services, or communications with a focus on building financial well-being. Employee Financial Wellness Programs open the door for philanthropy to impact financial security in a potentially scalable way, especially among economically vulnerable workers and their families.
- The most promising features and challenges of Employee Financial Wellness Programs (EFWPs)
- What we need to know about the opportunity of EFWPs to address financial security for employees
- The role of philanthropy in promoting EFWPs
- Mathieu Despard, Associate Professor, Department of Social Work, The University of North Carolina Greensboro
- Marissa Guananja, Program Officer for Family Economic Security, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- Kim Ostrowski, Vice President, Corporate Giving, Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Jeanique Riche-Druses (Moderator), Vice President, Relationship Manager Global Philanthropy, JPMorgan Chase
All interested funders.
1:00 - 2:00 PM Program
Registration is required by September 25th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.