From 360 videos to gaming platforms, virtual reality developers are finding themselves more and more at the nexus of empathy and advocacy. Their goal? To create immersive experiences that create positive social change. Some experiences are more interactive, while others use immersive storytelling to raise social awareness and motivate the viewer to action. Come learn how VR works for social change, and what’s coming up next in this fast-moving field.
Across the Line is an immersive experience that puts the audience on the scene as anti-abortion extremists try to intimidate patients who seek sexual and reproductive health care.
Testimony is an interactive documentary that shares the stories of five survivors of sexual assault and their journey to healing.
This session—co-hosted by Games for Change and co-sponsored by Media Impact Funders—will begin with a 45-minute panel discussion with a maker, funder and producer, followed by a 30-minute demo session in which attendees will be able to experience the projects, and a 20-minute breakout discussion on how you see VR playing into your work.
- How this emerging storytelling technology is being used to explore social issues
- How social impact VR can be an innovative way to help fulfill organizational mission
- Learnings and promising practices from the first annual VR for Change Summit
- Molly Eagan, Vice President of Patient and Employee Experience, Planned Parenthood Federation of America; Producer, Across the Line
- Zohar Kfir, Creator, Testimony
- Susanna Pollack, President, Games for Change
- Kamal Sinclair, Director, Sundance Institute’s New Frontier Labs Program; Consultant, Ford Foundation’s JustFilms Program
- Jessica Clark (Moderator), Research Director, Media Impact Funders
All interested funders.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by August 1st.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Members of Collaborators: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation and business mailing address to register. (no fee)