This program is hosted by our partner, Groundswell Fund, who has extended an invitation to PNY members.
This year, a historic number of bills attacking the rights of trans youth are sweeping the U.S., particularly Southern states, where they are a part of a larger regressive and racialized policy push that includes voter suppression, and heightened policing, such as Florida's ban on protesting. Focused on barring trans youth from participating in sports teams, using bathrooms, and accessing critical gender affirming health care, they are being pushed with an insidious narrative of “protecting our children”.
Trans youth have been organizing to protect their rights alongside trans adults, with little outside support. It is critical that the broader social justice community step up to block these bills both because showing up for trans youth is the right thing to do, and because not doing so plays into the right wing strategy of using trans rights as a wedge to undermine rights for many other groups.
- Why it is critical for the broader social justice community to step up and block a number of bills attacking the rights of trans youth
- Concrete examples of what movement leaders, organizations and funders can do to support
All social justice funders, donors, and grantee/movement organizations/activists.
- Daroneshia Duncan-Boyd, Founder and Executive Director, Trans Advocates Knowledgeable Empowering
- Jasmine Tasaki, Executive Director, WeCareTn
- Rumba Yambú, Co-Founder, InTRANSitive
- Kierra Johnson (Moderator), Executive Director, National LGBTQ Task Force
12:00 PM Program
Registration is required by July 20th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.