*This program is hosted by our partner, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR), who has extended an invitation to PNY members.*
For the past ten years, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program has allowed more than 830,000 young people to stay and work in the United States, with 589,660 individuals benefitting from the DACA program as of September 2022. According to results from a 2021 survey of DACA recipients, nearly 80% are employed. Due to the ongoing vulnerability of the DACA program, many employers with DACA recipient employees are looking for ways to support and retain those workers beyond the possible end of the program.
With heightened uncertainty for DACA recipients, many are worried they will be unable to provide for their loved ones. DACA recipients are raising nearly 300,000 U.S. citizen children – children whose lives could be upended should the program be terminated.
What will you learn?
- Employment-based immigration remedies and benefits that may be advantageous to workers with DACA
- Potential options for employers and employees, along with related risks and available resources
- Dan Berger, Partner and Attorney, Curran, Berger, and Kludt Law Firm
- Katharine Gin, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Immigrants Rising
- Cairo Mendes, Director of State and Local Programs, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees
- Denia Perez, Legal Services Senior Manager, Immigrants Rising
- Renata Teodoro, Program Officer, Youth Engagement Fund
Who should attend?
All interested funders. Please note that calls are open to GCIR members, other grantmaking institutions, philanthropic advisors, and members and staff of funder affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers. (Participation is limited to organizations that share GCIR’s core values.)
How do you sign up?
Registration is required by April 5th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.