The Health Policy Working Group has identified strengthening primary care as their top priority area for potential collaboration. At this session, funders will be joined by Dan Lowenstein, Director of Public Affairs at the Primary Care Development Corporation, and Paloma Hernandez, President & CEO of Urban Health Plan, Inc., who will draw from their experiences and expertise to offer insight into the biggest challenges facing primary care providers.
There are numerous challenges ahead as thousands more individuals enter the healthcare system and primary care providers are required to expand their services. Hear about the new models that are necessary in order to address these new challenges and how philanthropy can help.
- Opportunities for co-funding
- Ways to be involved in direct advocacy
- Challenges in primary care
Presented by the Health Policy Working Group, a Philanthropy New York Policy Connects Working Group.
- Paloma Hernandez, President & CEO, Urban Health Plan, Inc.
- Dan Lowenstein, Director of Public Affairs, Primary Care Development Corporation
Members who fund in the healthcare sector and members concerned with how healthcare reform may affect their grantees.