This webinar is hosted by our partner, Fair Representation in Redistricting, who has extended an invitation to PNY members.
With brazen attempts to diminish the power of communities of color through gerrymandering and voter suppression across the country, little progress to reauthorize the federal Voting Rights Act in Congress, and an erosion of federal voting rights protections by the U.S. Supreme Court over the last decade, some states are taking the lead to enact state voting rights provisions protecting against discriminatory policies and practices.
Join us to hear from national experts and state advocates who are spearheading efforts to establish a racial equity-centered framework for state-level voting rights policy, pushing for bold reforms modeled after the federal Voting Rights Act to prevent local governments from implementing voting changes that harm voters of color, protect against voter intimidation, and expand language access, among other things.
What will you learn?
- Current landscape for state voting rights acts, including where reforms have already been enacted and how state policies are evolving
- The experiences of frontline advocates who are advancing these reform efforts in the states
Who should attend?
This webinar is open to funders, advocates and other practitioners interested in building a more inclusive democracy.
- Micheal Davis, Executive Director, Promote the Vote Michigan
- Doris Dumas, President,Greater New Haven NAACP
- Adam Lioz, Senior Policy Counsel, Legal Defense Fund
- Henal Patel, Law & Policy Director, New Jersey Institute for Social Justice
- Fulvia Vargas-De León, Senior Counsel, LatinoJustice PRLDEF
- Leigh Chapman (Moderator), Division Director, Pro-Democracy Alliance and Structural Reform, Open Society Foundations
- Joseph Jung (Moderator), Program Officer, The JPB Foundation
How do you sign up?
2 PM to 3 PM Program
Registration is required by September 14th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
In collaboration with
Fair Representation in Redistricting