The unemployment rate in New York City is at an all time low and many employers struggle to find the employees with the right skills. Until recently, New York State and New York City have lagged other states and cities in implementing an innovative, inclusive workforce policy. This session will discuss the Invest in Skills New York campaign, a three-year campaign, designed and implemented by NYATEP and JobsFirstNYC, to increase the public investment in workforce development. The recently appointed Director of the Mayor’s Office of Workforce Development, will also outline the city’s current workforce strategy.
- Plinio Ayala, President and CEO, Per Scholas
- Melinda Mack, Executive Director, NYATEP
- Dianne Morales, Executive Director and CEO, Phipps Neighborhood
- Jose Ortiz, Executive Director, New York City Employment and Training Coalition
- Amy Peterson, Director, Mayor’s Office of Workforce Development
- Kevin Stump, Vice President, JobsFirstNYC
- Yancy Garrido (co-moderator), Senior Program Officer, The Clark Foundation
- Roderick Jenkins (co- moderator), Senior Program Officer, New York Community Trust
All interested funders.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by June 4th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of NYC Workforce Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)