Join the NYC Youth Funders in a discussion focused on how those who work with youth assess the social emotional learning objectives of their programs. The session will also explore staff efforts for continual improvement of their practices while creating peer-learning communities to enhance program quality.
- An increased understanding of “Social and Emotional Learning”
- A broadened knowledge of research and practice findings: What are the greatest challenges? How can they be addressed? What is going well? What lessons are ready for dissemination?
- The need for quality adult development and staff training on social and emotional competencies to attain outcomes
- How to build supportive organizational structures and settings that support youth
- Promising approaches and areas of innovation
- Challenges and opportunities for the youth-serving field
- Costs and resources needed to promote effective adult SEL practice in youth settings
- Claudia DeMegret, Program Officer, The Wallace Foundation
- Kim Flores, CEO, Algorhythm
- Sue Lehmann, Co-Founder and Chief Network Facilitator, Student Success Network
- Laurie Dien (Moderator), Vice President of Programs, The Pinkerton Foundation
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by February 13th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of NYC Youth Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com. ($150 fee)