Whether you care about the environment, the economy, health care, racial justice, criminal justice, or foreign policy, the 2020 election is considered the most critical in our nation’s history and will take place under unprecedented circumstances due to COVID-19. Vote by Mail is now critical, and philanthropies of all types and sizes can play a role in helping our country execute a free and fair election.
This discussion is intended to provide accessible, actionable information and guidance to foundations on how they can do their part to ensure that everyone is able to cast a vote in November. Join us to hear some of the leading voices in the Vote by Mail effort from New York and around the country.
- How Vote by Mail works and what milestones must be reached in order to execute a free and fair election in November
- Key places (states and cities) where Vote by Mail needs the greatest assistance to succeed
- The state of Vote by Mail in New York City and State
- Philanthropy's role and where foundations of all sizes can contribute in a manner that sits comfortably within the limits of 501(c)(3) tax exempt status
- Lauren Groh-Wargo, Chief Executive Officer, Fair Fight
- Andrea Mercado, Chief Executive Officer, New Florida Majority
- Cristina Tzintzun Ramirez, Former US Senate Candidate and Senior Strategist, Jolt Initiative
- Laura Wood, Special Counsel, DemocracyNYC, Office of the Mayor
- Sarah Williams (Moderator), Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Propel Capital
All interested funders.
Registration is required by June 8th. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Collaborators: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.