Funders either leap at the chance to help an organization during a capital campaign or run for the hills.
In partnership with New York Grantmakers in the Arts, join us for this session to hear from professionals who serve the nonprofit community regarding the types of support that grantees may not know they need (or may be afraid to ask for) before launching a campaign. From debt reduction to multi-functional capacity investments to management support, campaign readiness can take many forms. Sometimes the preparation for a campaign can be as valuable as the campaign itself. Learn how funders can be active partners in ensuring sustainable capitalization.
- The challenges an organization faces during a capital campaign and how funders can help them to succeed and also determine if they are in fact ready to take on the task
- Successes and failures in reference to organizational capacity, financial capacity, artistic capacity, and overall readiness for capital campaigns
- The funding climate for the campaigns themselves
This event will be followed by a happy hour at Public House (140 East 41st Street).
- Yasmine Falk, Partner, Advance NYC
- Paul Wolf, Co-President, Denham Wolf Real Estate Services, Inc.
- Lisa Yancey, Founder and President, Yancey Consulting
- Cheryl Anhava (Moderator), NYGIA Co-Chair, Program Officer, Cultural Investments, Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
All interested funders in the arts and NYGIA members
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by April 2nd.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests/Members of New York Grantmakers in the Arts (non-PNY members): Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)