*This program is hosted by our partners, NY Renews, who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
This one hour virtual funder briefing will focus on NY Renews’ regulatory and legislative efforts to achieve just transition in NYS, for all our communities, specifically the equitable implementation and sustainable funding of the nation’s strongest climate law, the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act. The event will highlight the state of play with the CLCPA scoping plan, and the importance of passing the Climate, Jobs, & Justice package, highlighting the engagement and support of our state legislators.
What will you learn?
- The state of play in NY: culmination of a two-year analysis and planning process by key agencies and what must happen next to fully, equitably implement the law
- The role that the NY Renews coalition will play to make sure the law meets its goals; securing multiple funding streams, investing in communities, and other priorities
- The role of the state legislature, the governor, and state agencies in implementing the law to achieve transition to 100% clean, renewable energy in NYS
Who should attend?
All interested funders in grantmaking roles. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
- Rahwa Ghirmatzion, Executive Director, PUSH Buffalo, NY Renews Steering Committee
- Michael Gianaris, Deputy Majority Leader Senator (D-Astoria)
- Peter Iwanowicz, Executive Director, Environmental Advocates NY, Climate Action Council member, NY Renews Steering Committee
- Katherine Nadeau, Deputy Director, Catskill Mountainkeeper, NY Renews Steering Committee
- Amy Panek (Moderator), Senior Program Officer, Environment, Park Foundation
How do you sign up?
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.