Missed the session? View recording here.
Part of Our "Beyond the Program Grant" Series.
Despite all the talk about “program related” or “impact” investments most foundations stick to making plain old grants and given the choice most nonprofits would prefer grants as well. But things appear to be changing with more foundations and nonprofits thinking harder about where PRIs make sense and how best to source, evaluate and structure them. In this session, we will take a deeper dive into the opportunity and challenge of PRIs from the differing perspectives of a foundation trustee, foundation staff, an intermediary and an underlying recipient.
- Rationale for (and against) PRI and foundation perspectives on the issue
- Different ways to “scratch” the PRI itch
- Opportunities and challenges in sourcing, evaluation and portfolio management
- When a nonprofit might be “ready” to accept a PRI and what they should look for when they do.
- John MacIntosh, Partner, SeaChange Capital Partners
- Jennifer Solomon, Chief Financial Officer, Greyston Foundation/Greyston Bakery
- John W. Townsend, Vice President & Treasurer, Board of Trustees, Altman Foundation
- Kate Starr (moderator), CFA, Founder, Starria & (former) Vice President, Capital Deployment, The F.B. Heron Foudation
2:45 PM - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by May 20th.
Can't attend in person? You can watch the discussion via livestream!
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.