Join this session for a conversation between leaders of coalitions in Louisiana and New York about building power and a just transition to a clean energy future. Hear from featuring leaders from Gulf South for a Green New Deal and NY Renews, two coalitions fighting for climate justice included in the recent report Just Transition / Transition to Justice: Power, Policy and Possibilities.
- What’s needed to accelerate movements to a clean energy future
- Similarities and differences in strategies for taking on the fossil fuel industry and its political allies
- Visions for community - based climate solutions that are already taking shape
- Eddie Bautista, Executive Director, NYC Environmental Justice Alliance
- Logan Burke, Executive Director, Alliance for Affordable Energy
- Rahwa Ghirmatzion, Executive Director, PUSH Buffalo
- Colette Pichon-Battle, Executive Director, Gulf Coast Center for Law and Policy
- Alison Corwin (Moderator), Interim Co-Director, Sustainable Environments, The Surdna Foundation
Who should attend?
All interested funders regardless of role in your foundation. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
Registration is required by November 17th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.