MEMBERS: Please log in to register yourself and/or a colleague by Thursday, June 10th.
Presented by Philanthropy New York's Philanthropy Connects Committee.
The official launch of the New York Juvenile Justice Initiative at Philanthropy New York.
The meeting will brief funders on the continuum through which youth may become involved or enmeshed in the child welfare and juvenile justice systems.
Key researchers, practitioners, and advocates will inform funders about system intersections and lay out possibilities for aligned grantmaking.
The meeting, which will be moderated by Gail Nayowith, Executive Director of the Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund, will conclude with a lunch session, featuring Commissioners Gladys Carrion (NYS Office of Children and Family Services) and Vincent Schiraldi (Department of Probation) and concluding remarks by Chief Judge Judith Kaye.
- Executive Deputy Commissioner for Youth and Family Justice Laurence Busching, NYC Administration for Children’s Services
- Commissioner Gladys Carrion, NYS Office of Children and Family Services
- Judge Michael A. Corriero, Executive Director, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Judith Kaye, Chief Judge (retired), New York State Court of Appeals
- Annie Salsich, Director of Center on Youth Justice (CYJ), The Vera Institute of Justice
- Commissioner Vincent Schiraldi, Department of Probation
- Gail Nayowith (moderator), Executive Director, The Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund