In September 2015, world leaders from all 193 United Nations member countries universally ratified the Sustainable Development Goals, representing a historic global consensus about the shared responsibility that all nations have in achieving global development. But what often goes overlooked/unexamined, especially for those funding only within the United States, is how the SDGs are just as critical here at home as in any foreign country.
Philanthropy, working in more concerted ways with civil society, the UN, and governments (national, state and local), now has the opportunity to make a real difference in reaching the future we all hope to achieve. Join us for an interactive session to learn more about SDG planning within the US and around the world, and find out how you and your foundation are already a part of achieving these goals here at home, as well as abroad.
- A broader understanding of what the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are and how your foundation fits into the picture
- How partnerships formed through the SDG Philanthropy Platform are creating impact on the global and domestic levels
- Camille Emeagwali, Program Director, New York Women's Foundation
- Abigail Moy, Director, Global Legal Empowerment Network, Namati
- Arif Neky, Advisor, Strategic Partnerships and Philanthropy, UNDP Kenya
- Tony Pipa, Chief Strategy Officer, USAID
- Donita Volkwijn, Associate, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
- Heather Grady (Moderator), Vice President, Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors
All interested funders.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by September 15th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee).
Please email email@example.com with any questions.