To register for the Philanthropy 101 Series you must register on the Philanthropy 101: Speaking the Same Language page. You will be automatically registered for the remaining modules once you register. Below are the links to the other modules:
- October 11 - So You're Working for a Foundation... Power and Your New Community
- November 1 - Foundation Governance and Legal Issues
- November 8 - Fundamentals of Grantmaking
Join Philanthropy New York as we pit seasoned philanthropists, one-on-one, in robust debates around the philanthropic topics of the century. From general operating grants vs. restricted grants, to debate on the increase of foundation minumum payout, be ready to take a side!
Upon completing this module, participants will be able to:
- Identify the current big issues in philanthropy
- Describe support and opposition to an increase on foundation minimum payout
- Describe support and opposition to a participatory grantmaking strategy
- Describe support and opposition to granting general operating grants versus restricted grants
- Doug Bauer, Executive Director, The Clark Foundation
- Melissa Beck, Executive Director, The Educational Foundation of America
- Ronna Brown (Moderator), President, Philanthropy New York
Anyone who has joined the philanthropic sector within the last 12-18 months; open to the entire range of disciplines with the field, e.g., Assistant to the President, Program Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Human Services Director, Trustee, among others. This is a cohort-based program. The five modules will build on each other, and participants are expected to commit to attending all five.
8:30 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and go to the Philanthropy 101: Speaking the Same Language page. (no fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Please note: To ensure fairness among our members, we reserve the right to limit the number of attendees per organization for select professional development programs.