Called "a grassroots political, journalistic, civic networking collective" by The New York Times, Personal Democracy Forum (PDF) is the world's largest and longest-running gathering of thinkers and doers exploring technology's impact on the way we organize, advocate and govern. From high-level keynotes to deep dives and hands-on sessions, you won't want to miss the tenth annual PDF, featuring the innovators, thought leaders and disruptors at the edge of change.
This year's conference theme is "Think Bigger," and will offer challenging talks on how the Internet and technology can be harnessed to tackle and solve difficult problems. PDF will also feature dynamic breakout sessions on topics ranging from the nuts-and-bolts of ensuring you are getting the most from your digital strategy to in-depth discussions of subjects like data and privacy, crowdfunding, open-source community development, the future of internet freedom and civic uses of emerging technologies.
This is a Philanthropy New York Collaborative Program presented by Personal Democracy Forum.
- Becky Bond, President, CREDO SuperPAC
- Catherine Bracy, Director of International Programs, Code for America
- Robin Chase, Founder, Buzzcar, Zipcar and GoLoco
- Sara Critchfield, Managing Editor, Upworthy
- Dan Gillmor, Founding Director, Knight Center for Digital Media Entrepreneurship, Arizona State University
- Joi Ito, Director, MIT Media Lab
- Beth Noveck, Former White House Deputy CTO for Open Government and Founder of NYU Wagner School's Governance Lab
- Ben Rattray, Founder and CEO, Change.org
- Jordan Raynor, Co-Founder, Citizinvestor
- Harper Reed, Chief Technology Officer, Obama For America
- Douglas Rushkoff, Author, "Present Shock: When Everything Happens Now"
- Oscar Salazar, CEO, CitiVox & Co-Founder, Uber
- Nate Silver, Founder, FiveThirtyEight.com
- Rachel Weidinger, Director, Upwell.us
- Ethan Zuckerman, Director, MIT Center for Civic Media
For a full list of speakers, visit: http://personaldemocracy.com/conferences/nyc/2013/speakers
Nonprofits, Foundations, NGOs & International Organizations, Government agencies, elected officials, campaigns, Fortune 500s, Venture Capitalists & Startups, Technology & Social Media Consultants