Missed this session? View recording here.
The mission of the Office of the Director of Food Policy is to advance the City’s efforts to increase food security, promote access to and awareness of healthy foods, and support economic justice and opportunity in the food system. The Office coordinates multiple City agencies and offices and brokers partnerships with advocates, nonprofit and community organizations, philanthropy and the private sector.
- The 2015 NYC Food Metrics Report and an update on:
- Addressing Food Insecurity in New York City
- Increasing Healthy Food Access and Awareness
- Improving City Food Procurement and Service
- Supporting a Sustainable and Just Food System
- Emerging needs and trends that may influence New York City priorities and approaches
- The role of food policy in supporting the Administration’s priorities within the OneNYC plan
- New York’s leadership role in developing the landmark Milan Urban Food Policy Pact, signed by more than 100 cities
- Rick Luftglass, Executive Director, Laurie M. Tisch Illumination Fund
- Barbara Turk, Director, NYC Office of Food Policy, Office of the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services