Philanthropy New York’s Funders for Gender Equity are pleased to welcome Azadeh Khalili, the Founding Executive Director of the Commission on Gender Equity. Most recently, she served as the New York City’s Executive Director of Language Access Initiatives. The commission was created through an executive order by the mayor last July and works across city agencies to help reduce gender-based inequity and make the city more inclusive and economically mobile for women and girls.
Watch recording here:
(Registration not required)
PNY members are asking a lot of questions about the goals of the newly created Commission:
- How does the Commission define gender?
- What are the priorities of the Commission on Gender Equity?
- What gender justice initiatives will receive top priority?
- What systems will be put in place to solicit advice from communities on gender equity policy?
- What role will philanthropy be asked to play in supporting ongoing and new initiatives?
This meeting with Ms. Khalili is an opportunity for any Philanthropy New York members to ask their own questions about the future of gender equity in New York City.
The program will start with a brief presentation by Khalili, followed by a discussion with Radhika Balakrishnan, Faculty Director, Center for Women's Global Leadership and Professor of Women's and Gender Studies, Rutgers University and member of the Commission, moderated by Rye Young, Executive Director of the Third Wave Fund. We will leave at least a half hour for Q&A.
- Priorities for the NYC Commission on Gender Equity
- How the Commission will coordinate with the philanthropic community
- Azadeh Khalili, Founding Executive Director, Commission on Gender Equity
- Radhika Balakrishnan, Faculty Director, Center for Women's Global Leadership and Professor of Women's and Gender Studies, Rutgers University
- Rye Young, Executive Director, Third Wave Fund
All interested funders.
2:45 - 3:00 PM Check-in
3:00 - 5:00 PM Program
Registration is required by February 15th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of Organizers: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.