Wednesday, July 28, 2010 -
3:00pm to 5:00pm EDT
The Correctional Association of New York, Suite 200, 2090 Adam Clayton Powell Blvd (124th/125th Streets).
Add to Calendar
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: All interested funders.
- Welcome & Introductions
Penny Fujiko Willgerodt, Executive Director, The Prospect Hill Foundation.
- Goals of the NY Juvenile Justice Initiative
Maria Mottola, Executive Director, New York Foundation, and Roderick Jenkins, Program Officer, New York Community Trust.
- A discussion with the NYC advocacy community about their current priorities in regards to juvenile justice reform, with particular attention to the possibility of preparing for a Raise the Age campaign.
- Closing and next steps
- Andrew White (Moderator), Director, Center for New York City Affairs, Milano The New School for Management and Urban Policy.
- Kyung Ji Rhee, Director, Institute for Juvenile Justice Reform and Alternatives.
- Gabrielle Prisco, Director, Juvenile Justice Project, The Correctional Association of New York.
- DeAvery Irons, Director of Youth Justice Program, Children’s Defense Fund - New York.