This virtual Quarterly Meeting of the New York City Workforce Funders will focus on addressing one of the most significant barriers to economic equity: the digital divide. National and New York City leaders will join moderator Barbara Chang to discuss the urgent need to empower workers with the digital skills demanded by today’s labor market; the opportunity to strengthen the digital infrastructure of the workforce system as organizations shift training programs online; and the movement to establish broadband as a public utility. Job seekers and workers will bring their perspectives on the digital access barriers they have faced to the conversation.
Economist James Parrott from the Center for New York City Affairs will kick off the session with an update on the economic recession and its impacts on the city’s workforce development system.
- The current state of the city’s economy and workforce system
- Strategies to increase the digital fluency and digital skills of workforce program participants, especially those dislocated as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Examples of scalable models from other cities and regions
- Amanda Cage, CEO & President, National Fund for Workforce Solutions
- James Parrott, Director of Economic and Fiscal Policy, Center for New York City Affairs at The New School
- Jerelyn Rodriguez, Co-Founder and CEO, The Knowledge House
- Sharon Sewell-Fairman, Executive Director, Workforce Professionals Training Institute
- Barbara Chang (Moderator), Executive Director, Employer Partnerships, CareerWise New York
All interested funders in grantmaking roles. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
9:00 - 10:30 AM Program
Registration is required by September 8th.
Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to the program.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Guests of NYC Workforce Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)