*This program is hosted by our partner, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR), who has extended an invitation to PNY members. Space is limited and will be granted on a first come, first served basis.*
While the last four years have been devastating for immigrant, refugee, and asylum seeker communities, the transition to a new administration in 2021 will not automatically result in bold new immigration reform or even a comprehensive unwinding of the hundreds of policy attacks perpetrated by the Trump administration. While President-Elect Biden has committed to undoing some of the most egregious Trump-era actions such as the Muslim Ban, the public charge policy change, and termination of DACA, immigrant rights advocates and providers have a much broader policy and infrastructure agenda for supporting the community. Movement leaders are eager to pivot from crisis response to advancing a welcoming and inclusive vision for the nation. At the same time, they recognize they will be operating in an environment of competing priorities and with an advocate and provider community increasingly burdened by fatigue.
- Key immigration priorities, strategies, and needs heading into 2021
- How philanthropy can build on investments in recent years
- GCIR’s recommendations for philanthropy
- Sameera Hafiz, Policy Director, Immigrant Legal Resource Center
- Aaron Reichlin-Melnick, Policy Counsel, American Immigration Council
- Lisa Sherman-Nikolaus, Executive Director, Tennessee Immigrant & Refugee Rights Coalition
- Alexandra Suh, Executive Director, KIWA Workers for Justice
- Rovika Rajkishun, Interim Co-Executive Director, New York Immigration Coalition
All interested funders. Please note that calls are open to GCIR members, other grantmaking institutions, philanthropic advisors, and members and staff of funder affinity groups and regional associations of grantmakers. (Participation is limited to organizations that share GCIR’s core values.)
Registration is required by December 7th.
Members and Non-Member Funders: Please click on the "Register Now" link above. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.