Philanthropy New York’s International Grantmakers Network presents this brown bag lunch discussion as a follow up to the popular November 2017 “Navigating Uncertain Terrain” program. In this session, experts from the The International Center for Nonprofit Law and The 2018 Global Philanthropy Environment Index at the Lilly Family School of Philanthropy at Indiana University will provide updates on the ever-evolving world of international grantmaking laws, discuss global trends, and present creative ways we can continue to provide global support in challenging terrain.
- Updates on legal developments affecting global philanthropy
- Insights and new baseline information about the philanthropic environments in 79 countries and economies
- Methods to facilitate effective and sustainable philanthropic action across different cultures
- Top issues of concern today based on inquiries received by the International Center for Nonprofit Law (ICNL)
- ICNL’s upcoming initiative to identify future trends that will affect the future of civil society and philanthropy over the coming decades
To foster deeper conversation and learning, and to inform our speakers about topics of particular interest to the funding community, please email any questions or issues you would like the speakers to address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Doug Rutzen, President and CEO, International Center for Nonprofit Law
- Una Osili, Associate Dean for Research and International Programs, Lilly School of Philanthropy at Indiana University
- Buff Kavelman (Moderator), President, Kavelman Group Philanthropic Advisors
All interested funders.
11:45 AM - 12:00 PM Check-in
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM Discussion
Registration is required by March 21st.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email email@example.com ($150 fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.