The intersection of health and homelessness is more prominent than ever. In turn, organizations are developing health programs for individuals in need of supportive housing. Recognizing and understanding the multiple areas and types of intervention required to successfully support many of NYC’s chronically homeless adults, organizations are augmenting the provision of housing with access and linkages to health services, to put them on a path to independent living. Stable, self-managed, behavioral, and physical health is the platform on which this goal can be built.
Join us for a discussion on the myriad of factors that contribute to housing instability and homelessness, and how our guest speakers’ strategic approaches have effectively responded to the health needs of those served by their organizations.
Who should attend?
All interested funders, especially health funders, in grantmaking roles. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A and full group discussion.
What will you learn?
- The need for support, collaboration, and alignment with NYC and NYS leadership around critical goals focused on the connection between reinforcing access to health care services and addressing endemic homelessness
- The importance of intervention on social determinants of health that can lead to housing instability
- The absence of critical relationships in the current systems that can result in vulnerable people being displaced
- Frederick Shack, Chief Executive Officer, Urban Pathways
- Anne Hanford, Total Wellness Project Coordinator, Urban Pathways
- Brenda Rosen, President and CEO, Breaking Ground
- Amie Pospisil, Chief Operating Officer, Breaking Ground
How do I sign up?
Members: Please log in and click the Register Now link above (no fee).
Members of Collaborators: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Members: Please email email@example.com. ($150 fee)
Registration is required by February 8th.
Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to each session.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for further information on this program or on eligibility.