The PNY Core: Legal Series provides an overview of the legal and regulatory boundaries in a number of key legal topics. The series launches with this high-level overview of the legal dos and don'ts across your day-to-day philanthropic work. Come learn about the wide range of activities both within and beyond grantmaking that could help your foundation advance its mission.
Many foundations support incredible work through their grantmaking. But the tax code permits a wide range of activities both within and beyond grantmaking. Do you know the rules well enough to navigate all of the options in pursuit of your mission?
This session, which kicks off our legal series, provides an overview of all of the tools in the foundation toolbox, from relatively simple to complex.
Who should attend?
All interested funders, regardless of role at your foundation. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
What will you learn?
- Explore grants to non-charities and international grantees
- How to utilize awards and prizes to individuals
- Differentiate between PRIs, MRIs, and other impact investments
- Discuss funding civic engagement and advocacy
- Explore operating charitable programs
- Andrew Schulz, General Counsel, New Venture Fund
What else should I know?
If you’re interested in this session, you might be interested in one or more of the following in the PNY Core: Legal Series:
- November 3 - Within the Law and Outside the Box
- January 26 - Best Practices in International Grantmaking
- February 3 - Self-Dealing (Family Foundations & Family Offices)
- April 7 - Making Grants to Individuals
- July 14 - Fiscal Sponsorships - Best Practices and Common Pitfall
How do I sign up?
Members: Please log in and click the Register Now link above (no fee).
Registration is required by November 2nd.
Registrants will receive the webinar link a day prior to each session.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for further information on this program or on eligibility.