Join the NYC Youth Funders for a session will focus on what's new and innovative in Summer Youth Employment and summertime Learning to Work initiatives for historically underserved students.
Two panels will address a growing evidence base highlighting effective models of career knowledge, training for workplace readiness, and accessing paid summer internships during high school. This lays a foundation for building transferable skills, and creating opportunities for mentored and experiential work-based learning that can inform a more deliberate and effective process for mapping career interests and experience to postsecondary education plans.
- A brief snapshot of the landscape of summer employment opportunities for historically underserved high school students
- How recent employment models are challenging the status quo
- How The Future of Work is informing career readiness and access
- How economies of scale in NYC create both opportunity and challenge
- Erickson Blakney, Program Officer, The Pinkerton Foundation
- David Fischer, Executive Director, NYC Center for Youth Employment
- Michael Hickey, Director, , Strategy and Partnerships, Office of Community Schools, NYC Department of Education
- Patty Machir, Executive Director, Futures and Options
- Robert B. Schwartz, Senior Research Fellow, Harvard Graduate School of Education and Senior Advisor, Jobs for the Future
- Toya Williford (Moderator), Director of Programs and Policy, Mayor’s Fund to Advance NYC
- Maurya Couvares, National Executive Director, ScriptED
- Tim Lord, Co-Founder and Co-Executive Director, DreamYard
- Katie Beck Sutler, Vice President, Workforce Development, Brooklyn Navy Yard Development Corporation
- Karen Balliett (Moderator), Senior Program Director, Solon E. Summerfield Foundation, Inc
All interested funders.
8:45 - 9:00 AM Check-in
9:00 - 11:00 AM Program
Registration is required by June 18th.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above.
Guests of NYC Youth Funders: Please email email@example.com with your name, title, organizational affiliation, business mailing address, and phone number. Please indicate by which organizer you were invited. (no fee)
Non-Member Funders: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. ($150 fee)