Philanthropy New York hosts group informational interviews to explore career paths in the philanthropic sector, as part of our "Interested in Working at a Foundation" series. This year, we will learn about the field of philanthropy from the perspectives of former PNY staffers who have transitioned into philanthropy.
Join us as they share perspectives from both programming and operational/grants management within a foundation and discuss their career path experiences in the philanthropic sector.
Philanthropy New York members who receive requests for informational interviews from jobseekers may refer those individuals to us for this session.
- The advantages and challenges of a career in philanthropy
- The range of jobs at an organization and some general day-to-day responsibilities
- The structure and possible priorities of foundations you may encounter on your job search
- A realistic picture of the competencies foundations may value in potential new hires and the number of jobs available in the field at a given time
This session will not include
- Specific job leads
- Individual interviews with contacts within the field
- Nadia Alia, Director of Operations, The Tow Foundation
- Jordan Joseph, Program Associate of Donor Initiatives and Special Projects, Wellspring Philanthropic Fund
- Kimberly Roberts, Public Policy Fellow, Philanthropy New York
Individuals interested in learning about careers in the field of philanthropy. What to expect: presentation followed by Q&A.
2:00 PM - 3:15 PM Program
Registration is required by November 30th. Dial-in and webinar information will be emailed to you before the webinar.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague, please click on the "Register Now" link above. (no fee)
Non-PNY members: Create an account or log in above and click the Register Now link. (no fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.