Philanthropy New York hosts group informational interviews to explore career paths in the philanthropic sector, as part of our "Interested in Working at a Foundation" series. This July, we will learn about the field of philanthropy from the perspectives of two leaders in the field.
Join Manuela Arciniegas, Associate Program Officer at Andrus Family Fund, and Edgar Villanueva, Vice President of Programs and Advocacy at Schott Foundation for Public Education, as they discuss career path experiences in both the corporate and private philanthropic sectors.
Philanthropy New York members who receive requests for informational interviews from jobseekers may refer those individuals to us for this session.
- The advantages and challenges of a career in philanthropy
- The range of jobs at an organization and some general day-to-day responsibilities
- The structure and possible priorities of foundations you may encounter on your job search
- A realistic picture of the competencies corporate and private foundations may value in potential new hires and the number of jobs available in the field at a given time
This session will not include
- Specific job leads
- Individual interviews with contacts within the field
- Manuela Arciniegas, Associate Program Officer, Andrus Family Fund
- Edgar Villanueva, Vice President of Programs and Advocacy, Schott Foundation for Public Education
- Stephanie Chrispin (Moderator), Public Policy Fellow, Philanthropy New York
Individuals interested in learning about careers in the field of philanthropy.
Members: To register yourself and/or a colleague, please click on the "Register Now" link above.
Non-PNY members: Create an account or log in above and click the Register Now link.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.